PCOS AND HOMEOPATHY
PCOS means the polycystic ovarian syndrome is the most common hormonal disorder in the females of reproductive age group (between 8-44). It has become the most severe gynecological problem now a days.
Poly means many. In polycystic syndrome, clusters of small pearl sized cyst are present in the ovaries. The cysts contain immature eggs and fluid in it. The women suffering from PCOS has higher level of androgens, (a male hormone) in their body, which worsen the condition. Some women, with PCOS are insulin resistant resulting in excessive secretion of male hormones from ovaries causing hormonal imbalance. It disturbs menstrual cycle tremendously and is also responsible for infertility. Latest reports states that out of ten, six women are suffering from PCOS, and the conditions are getting worse day by day.
Symptoms of PCOS
- Symptoms of PCOS start after menarche in most of the girl. However it doesn’t get noticed until sudden weight gain. In another cases it may noticed by substantial weight gain mostly in later phase of life. PCOS run in the families. So if your mother or sister have this problem, then chances are high for PCOS. Obesity, Insulin resistance are also predisposing factors for PCOS. Symptoms related to PCOS that needs a rain check are:
- Absence of periods, Irregular periods or scanty periods
- Unexplained weight gain, especially around the west
- Excessive or unwanted hair growth on face, neck, chest and abdomen.
- Thinning of hair on the scalp or severe hair fall
- Skin problems like acne, darkening of skin or dandruff.
- Anxiety or depression
Complications of PCOS
- Type 2 Diabetes due to insulin resistance.
- High Blood Pressure
- Uterine cancer due to continued exposure to high levels of oestrogen
- Increase risk of heart diseases and vessel problems.
- Sleep apnea
- Raised cholesterol levels
Treatment in homeopathy
Homeopathy treats the disease in most natural way and cures it permanently while having no side effects. Homeopathy treats a patient as a whole where both physical and mental approach are being considered during treatment. It removes the disease from its root, and complete cure is achieved. Homeopathy treatment for PCOS, is the safest way to treat a patient and it doesn’t contain any hormonal pills. Hence, you don’t have to worry about ill effects of hormonal treatment. It restores the menstrual cycle and help to balance it, in a most gentle and natural way. Treatment of PCOS require frequent clinical follow-ups and may take some time to cure it. Results should not be expected in few days as it requires complete observation, related to the change of symptoms in the patient.
When the menses are late or scanty or absent. Pulsatilla is often suited to young girls in whom the problem starts at puberty itself. There are changeable moods in which patient is happy at one moment and sad, the very next moment.
The menses are irregular. In some cases they are too late and scanty while in others they are early and profuse. Patient’s nature is irritable and indifferent. Taking care of family becomes their least of interests.
The patient is often of a stout build or is fat. They always feel chilly and cannot bear cold. The menses are too late and are pale and scanty.