On occasion of republic day here is an awesome healthy sweet for you all. instead of having sweets which are loaded with lot of carbs and calories you should try this !!!! oats ladoo are quick and easy to make and at the same time its very tasty .. u can carry it while travelling also ..you can also use these ladoos as a midday snacks ..its a great healthy treat for sweet tooth and for the kids who just love to eat sweets.
Oats dry fruits ladoo contains ZERO cholesterol and hence it can be referred to those who wants to reduce weight. As oats dry fruits ladoo is rich in proteins and provides high energy, hence it can be beneficial to growing kids, post menopausal women, athletes and the people involved in sports activities or gym.
Nutritional Value per Ladoo:
|0||11.3 gm.||129 kcal.||8.1 gm.||2.6 gm.||o.9mg|
- 2 cups oats
- ¼ cup nuts (almonds, pistas, cashews, walnuts any)
- 1 ¾ to 2 cups mixed dried fruits (refer notes)
- ½ cup cornflakes (optional)
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 ½ tbsps. Tiny rock sugar pieces (optional)
(note: 240 ml cup used)
- Dry roast oats for about 5 minutes on a skillet or heavy bottom pan. Keep stirring to prevent burning. But they must turn to light golden to brown in color to get a nice taste and flavour.
- Chop nuts and dry roast.
- Chop dried fruits to small chunks and heat up to increase the shelf life, set aside to cool.
- Powder the oats first and add dried fruits and cinnamon powder to this. Run the blender for few minutes, scraping off the sides of the jar.
- The mix looks like this after blending. To this add crushed cornflakes, rock sugar and nuts.
- Mix everything well and roll to balls. Makes around 22 to 24.Best if served the next day. Refrigerate and use if you live in a humid weather.